Sep 3, 2007

Don't Do Sadness

Ahh! I LOVE this school!! What other school gets the cast of the 8 Tony Award winning musical Spring Awakening to perform at their Labor Day picnic? It was absolutely AMAZING! I saw the musical on Wednesday and it topped Wicked for best musical. Those of you who know my love for Wicked are probably floored now. But yes, I think Spring Awakening may actually be better than Wicked. I think I need to see Wicked again to judge fairly though. Haha! Best song in the musical by far is Totally F**ked. It's so true and speaks for anybody who's been caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Unfortunately, they didn't do that one at our picnic. They did The Word of Our Body and Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind. Both are wonderful. I felt I could really relate to the main female character because she deals with normal 16-18 year old problems. I think everyone needs to see this musical when they turn 16-18 years old. You can read why here Spring Awakening. Click on full description at the bottom. *warning-the musical deals with topics that can be sensitive*

*I added some of the songs from Spring Awakening to my music section. The Songs are Totally F*cked, Mamma Who Bore Me, and Don't Do Sadness

1 comment:

broadway girl said...

I don't think any musical could beat the soundtrack for Wicked When you go see Wicked again, take me with you. I have enough money. :)